Commitment to privacy
Offers & info Pty Ltd ACN 606 116 278 (Oi,/O&i/we/us/our) understands and appreciates that visitors to and users of this website (you/your) are concerned about their privacy and the confidentiality and security of any information that may be provided to us. We endeavour to protect user privacy in compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP).
Protecting your privacy
We are committed to protecting your personal information and complying with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and other State and Territory laws governing the use of personal information (collectively, Privacy Laws) which regulate how personal information is handled from collection to use and disclosure, storage, access and disposal.
Personal information generally means any kind of information in any form about a person that identifies that person and includes sensitive information.
Further information about the application of the Privacy Act can be found at the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.privacy.gov.au
- all individuals whose personal information is collected in relation to the services offered by Oi;
- all individuals whose personal information is collected by us in the course of our functions and activities, such as subscribers, suppliers, service users, service providers, contractors and prospective employees.
- the nature of the personal information we may collect from you;
- how we manage the personal information that we collect, use and disclose;
- how to contact us if you:
- have any questions about our management of your personal information;
- would like to access or correct the personal information we hold about you; or
- would like to lodge a complaint with us regarding our compliance with Privacy Laws.
The information we may collect
Oi is a digital business directory, providing an online platform enabling subscriber businesses to list, advertise, promote and update their information within a location and category search format. The directory integrates live posting and editing allowing listed businesses to quickly communicate and connect directly with the Oi audience. Oi may also collect personal information for specific market research and to determine market trends in the way site users research, source or utilise specific products or services.
The types of personal information we may collect include:
- identifying information such as name, date of birth and employment details;
- contact information such as home and business addresses, phone numbers, postal addresses and email addresses;
- government-issued identifiers including ACNs and ABNs;
- financial information, such as credit card details;
- biometric information and templates, such as voice recognition information; and
- information about commercial activities.
We may collect your personal information from various sources including:
- you or from a person authorised to provide us this information on your behalf; and
- third parties such as a service provider engaged by us or a third party who partners with us.
We do not create, use or store profiles of our customers. We only record information that we reasonably require to do business with you. Your full name, address, postal address, email address and phone number are taken each time you make a transaction through our website and/or whenever you submit a query or suggestion, or request assistance with a transaction. This is to ensure we can provide the most convenient and effective service to you, both now and in the future.
We may collect your personal information in order to send you free e-newsletters containing industry or product information. Any personal information that you provide to us for the purposes of receiving e-newsletters can be deleted at any time by unsubscribing from the e-newsletter.
You generally have the right not to identify yourself when dealing with us where it is lawful and practicable for us to allow it. However, on some occasions we may not be able to do this.
If you do not provide or authorise the provision of personal information we request, we may be unable to provide you with some or all of our services, or the products and services of our trading partners.
How we may use or share your information
We may use your personal details in any of the following ways:
- responding to and fulfilling your requests for our services;
- enabling us to charge your credit card and deliver your subscription or acquisition confirmation electronically;
- responding to your questions or suggestions;
- retaining information for statistical purposes so that we may improve or better direct our services;
- storing information to save time when making future transactions;
- involvement (with your consent) in our e-newsletter mailing list and any promotional competitions or other such activities;
- where you use ”My Oi” or otherwise elect to “follow” any business listed on our website, you confirm that you and other individuals whose information you provide have consented to that business, using your personal information to communicate with you to provide you with information about that business and/or products or services it may offer;
- manage and develop our business and operational processes and systems;
- conduct marketing, feedback and research activities;
- manage and resolve any legal or commercial complaints or issues;
- perform other functions and activities relating to our business; and
- comply with our legal obligations.
In doing so we may disclose your personal information to persons or organisations in Australia and overseas including:
- our agents and service providers;
- our professional advisers;
- payment system operators and financial institutions;
- your agents and advisers or other persons authorised by, or responsible for, you;
- government agencies;
- third parties whom we are authorised to represent if you acquire products or services through us;
- third parties with whom Oi partners or works to improve our services offering and value;
- other parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclose information;
- in other circumstances, with your consent.
How we secure your personal information
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We store your information securely and have a range of security controls in place to ensure that your information and documents are protected. Our relevant personnel are trained in relation to privacy, and access to personal information is restricted to individuals properly authorised to do so.
We also take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete, up to date and relevant. We keep your personal information for only as long as it is required in order to provide you with products and services and to comply with our legal obligations. When it is no longer needed for these purposes, we take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify this personal information.
How we communicate with you
To keep you informed quicker, where you provide us with an email address we will send most communications to you by email. From time to time, we may also collect and use your personal information so that we can promote and market products and services to you and keep you informed of special offers from Oi and third parties, including by direct mail, SMS and MMS messages, phone and email.
How you may access and control your personal information
You can ask whether we are keeping personal information about you by contacting us. If we have retained information on file, you may request a copy of it. You may also wish to apply to amend the information if you believe it to be incomplete, inaccurate or irrelevant.
We will generally provide you with access to your personal information if practicable (although an administration fee may be charged) and will take reasonable steps to amend any personal information about you which is inaccurate or out of date.
In some circumstances, we may not permit access to your personal information, or may refuse to correct your personal information. Where this happens, we will provide you with reasons for this decision, seek alternatives and take any further legally required steps.
Do we disclose your personal information overseas?
We may need to disclose your personal information to organisations located outside of Australia from time to time in the ordinary course of our business. Most of these overseas organisations are services providers or related entities which provide support and assistance to us in delivering our services.
Where we do, we take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is given the same type of protection as it is afforded within Australia. This may be through satisfying ourselves that the overseas organisation has controls in place to comply with Australian privacy laws, ensuring that the overseas organisation is located in a country which we believe has a similar privacy regime to Australia or through contractually or otherwise mandating the adequate management of the information.
On occasion, we may also disclose your personal information to overseas organisations where you instruct us or expressly consent to us doing so. In such cases, we may not take the above steps in relation to the management of your information.
Countries to which personal information may be disclosed
Listed below are the countries to which we may disclose personal information in the course of our functions and activities. This list does not include countries where you may have specifically instructed us to send your information or expressly consented to us sending your information.
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
This list is updated from time to time. You can visit our website at any time to view the latest version.
Do you have any concerns over the way we have collected, used or disclosed your personal information?
If you have any concerns or queries about the manner in which your personal information has been handled, please contact our Privacy Officer whose contact details are provided below.
If you wish to make a formal complaint, please provide your complaint in writing to our Privacy Officer. We will consider your complaint promptly and contact you to seek to resolve the matter.
Generally, we will contact you within 5 business days to acknowledge receipt of your complaint and to let you know who is managing your query. We will attend promptly to your complaint and will aim to respond to your concerns or otherwise keep you informed of our progress within 30 days.
If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time or if your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, you are entitled under the Privacy Act to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Other important information
Oi may use Google advertising programs to improve the online experience, including the display of relevant ads on external websites. These programs are pieces of text that are transferred into the memory of your computer to store preferences, record session information and collect information on how you visit and access our website. The use of these programs improves the efficiency of navigation throughout our website and assists us to provide services to you in the most convenient and prompt manner. Anyone can opt out of these programs at any time by clicking here.
Delete Me/Cancel Me
You can request to have your information on file with Offers & info deleted by contacting us using this Cancel Me link. A member of our team will contact you to confirm your request and may require further detail in order to verify that you have requested this action. It is important to take into consideration any associated Business Listings that you may have with Offers & info that are subject to ongoing agreed payments, as you will no longer have access to these privileges after you delete your personal details.
The Privacy Officer, Oi
Email: [email protected]