SUBSCRIBER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- By using any Service provided by Oi, whether procured through the Oi website (currently www.offersandinfo.com) or otherwise, all Subscribers (you, your) agree to the following Terms and Conditions with Oi.
The entity you are contracting with is Offers & info Pty Ltd ACN 606 116 278, referred to in these Terms and Conditions as Oi, O&i, we, our, us.
- In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires:
ACL means the Australian Consumer Law under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (C’th).
Intellectual Property means any intellectual or industrial property, including (without limitation):
(a) any patent, trademark or service mark, copyright, registered design, trade secret or confidential information; or
(b) any licence or other Right to use or to grant the use of any of the above or to be the registered proprietor or user of any of them.
Interest Rate means the rate which is 3% per annum above the rate charged by Oi’s bank from time to time on unsecured overdrafts of $100,000 or more, conclusive evidence of which will be confirmation in writing by a manager of Oi’s bank.
Non-Excludable Condition means any condition, warranty or guarantee provided or implied by any state, territory or commonwealth law, including but not limited to the statutory consumer guarantees described in the ACL, and the provisions of any state or territory legislation which cannot be lawfully excluded.
Obligation means any express or implied legal, equitable, contractual, statutory or other obligation, agreement, covenant, commitment, duty, undertaking or liability.
Right includes any legal, equitable, contractual, statutory or other right, power, authority, benefit, privilege, remedy, discretion or cause of action.
Schedule of Fees and Charges means Oi’s schedule of standard rates, fees and charges imposed from time to time for Oi Services and as published on the Oi website (currently at (here insert a hyperlink to the Oi Schedule of Fees and Charges – eg www.offersandinfo.com/feesandcharges) or available upon request from Oi, from time to time. All fees and charges are quoted in Australian dollars and unless otherwise specified, are exclusive of any Goods and Services Tax (GST) which, where applicable, will be charged to and payable by you in addition thereto.
Services means the interactive business directory services provided by Oi as specified on the Oi website or as otherwise published.
Subscriber means a person or entity (corporate or individual) successfully subscribing, in or through the manner or process prescribed by Oi from time to time, for the use of any of the Services and, where the context requires, is a reference to each person comprising a Subscriber, jointly and severally.
Terms and Conditions means these Subscriber Terms and Conditions and includes, where the context requires, any additional or other terms and conditions expressly agreed to by Oi in writing from time to time.
Subscription Agreement means an agreement entered into between you and Oi, to which these Terms and Conditions apply. For the avoidance of doubt, each time a Subscriber subscribes and/or uses any Service, a Subscription Agreement is formed incorporating these Terms and Conditions. Any other terms or conditions (e.g. appearing on a Subscriber’s orders, website or stationery) do not form part of a Subscription Agreement unless expressly agreed in writing to the contrary by Oi.
- Oi reserves the Right to update from time to time these Terms and Conditions or any other terms and conditions that may apply to a Subscription Agreement. If Oi makes a change to these Terms and Conditions, that change will take effect from the date on which Oi provides reasonable notification to you of such change. You confirm that notification on the Oi website of the updated Terms and Conditions or reference to the updated Terms and Conditions in any material provided to you will be reasonable steps taken by Oi to so inform you. You will be taken to have acknowledged and accepted such change if you make any subsequent use of any Service or request that Oi provide any Services to you. Oi declares and you acknowledge that the most up-to-date version of the Terms and Conditions to form part of any Subscription Agreement can be found on the Oi website, currently located at Oi Terms & Conditions
- If Oi believes that Subscribers are creating problems or possible legal liabilities, infringing the Intellectual Property Rights of Oi or third parties or acting inconsistently with these Terms and Conditions or any of our Policies, then without limiting our other Rights and remedies Oi reserves the Right to limit, suspend or terminate any Services and Subscriber accounts, prohibit access to Services, delay or remove hosted content, remove, delete, modify or not display listings, apply fees and/or recover expenses, and take technical and legal steps to keep such Subscribers off the Oi website. Where this occurs, no refunds of any fees or charges will be provided.
- Oi also has the Right to cancel unconfirmed accounts or accounts that have expired or been inactive for a long time, or to modify or discontinue all or any Services. Where this occurs, no refunds of any fees or charges will be provided.
Role of Oi
- The Oi website is a digital business directory, providing an interactive online platform enabling businesses to list, advertise, promote and update their information within a location and category search format. The directory integrates live posting and editing allowing listed businesses to quickly communicate and connect directly with the Oi audience to offer, sell, buy or otherwise trade at any time, from within the jurisdiction of Australia, in a variety of pricing formats and locations. Oi is not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers. We have no control over and do not guarantee the quality, safety or legality of products or services advertised, the truth or accuracy of Subscribers’ content or listings, the ability of sellers to sell products or services, the ability of buyers to pay for products or services, or that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction or deliver any product. You are not to hold Oi responsible for other Subscribers’ content, actions or inactions, or products or services that they list, or comments or feedback that may be posted.
- When you enter into a transaction with any third party through the use of any of our Services you create a legally binding contract with that third party. You must ensure that you comply with your obligations to that third party and are aware of any laws relevant to you as a buyer or seller, provider or acquirer. If any third party (whether or not another Subscriber) breaches any obligation to you, then you and not Oi will be responsible for enforcing any Rights that you may have.
- You alone, and not Oi, are responsible for ensuring that your listing, selling, buying or any other activities conducted on the Oi website are lawful. You must ensure that you comply with all applicable laws in Australia, with these Terms and Conditions which form part of a Subscription Agreement, and our Policies.
- Oi does not take ownership of any products at any time and does not transfer legal ownership of products from a seller to a buyer. Further, Oi is not your agent for any purpose including in relation to any Subscription Agreement, your use of any Services, or your sale or acquisition of any products or services facilitated through your use of any Services.
- Oi cannot guarantee continuous or secure access to the Services, as their operation may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control. Further, you acknowledge and accept that in a digital environment, functionality quirks are inevitable and can cause minor glitches to display from time to time. Where this occurs, Oi will not be liable or accountable to you in any way and no refunds of any fees or charges will be made.
Using the Services
- While using the Services, you must not:
(a) fail to deliver payment for any product or service purchased by you, unless you cannot authenticate the seller’s identity;
(b) fail to deliver products or services purchased from you, unless the buyer fails to meet your listed terms or you cannot authenticate the buyer’s identity;
(c) manipulate the price of any product or service, or interfere with other Subscribers’ listings;
(d) circumvent or manipulate the Oi fee structure or billing process;
(e) post on the Oi website any false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory or offensive content (including personal information);
(f) assign or transfer your Oi account and/or user ID to a third party without our consent;
(g) distribute or post spam, unsolicited or bulk electronic communications;
(h) collect information about Subscribers, including email addresses, without their consent.
- By listing and/or advertising any business, product or service on the Oi website, you agree to pay Oi’s fees for the listing or advertising, assume full responsibility for the content of the listing and/or advertising and for the product or service offered, and accept the following conditions:
- when you list or advertise any business, product or service on the Oi website, your listing or advertising may not appear or be searchable for up to 72 hours;
- we may revise data on the Oi website to supplement, remove, or correct information. If your listing or advertising uses data that has been revised, those revisions may modify your listing or advertising accordingly;
- whereabouts your listing or advertising appears in search and browse results may be based on certain factors including (without limitation) listing category, format, title, end time, keywords, price and delivery costs;
- your listing or advertising must, at all times, comply with our Listing and Advertising Policy and such other Policies as we may publish from time to time;
- you must list or advertise your business, product or service in the most relevant category. When you list or advertise in two categories or more and there is a difference in fees between the categories, the higher applicable fee will apply.
- When you upload content (whether text, images or otherwise) to the Oi website or otherwise provide Oi with any content, you:
- grant to us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable Right to exercise any and all Intellectual Property Rights (including copyright and trademark Rights, and whether owned by you or licensed to you) you may have in the content, in any media known now or in the future and for any purpose; and
- warrant that you have the Right to grant us that Right.
- If you are the author or creator of that content, you also irrevocably and unconditionally consent, to the maximum extent permitted by law (whether current or future) to Oi and its licensees, contractors, assignees and successors and any other person authorised by any of them (Authorised Persons):
- disclosing, reproducing, copying, adapting, publishing, performing, exhibiting, communicating, renting, transmitting or otherwise using the content (and any adaptation or part of the content) anywhere in the world:
- in whatever form and in whatever circumstances Oi and its Authorised Persons think fit, including adding to or otherwise altering the content (or any adaptation or part of the content); and
(ii) without making any identification of you as the author in relation to the content (or any adaptation or part of the content);
- doing anything or omitting to do anything in relation to the content (or any adaptation or part of the content) anywhere in the world that would otherwise infringe the moral Rights, or any similar non-assignable, personal Rights, that you might have.
Fees and Charges
- Oi charges fees for the use of certain of our Services. When you list or advertise any business, product or service or use a Service that has an applicable fee or charge, you have the opportunity to review and accept or reject the fees disclosed in our Schedule of Fees and Charges and to determine whether or not to proceed with the use of the relevant Service.
- You are responsible for paying all fees and applicable GST associated with your use of any Service in a timely manner and with a valid payment method. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees owed using debt collection processes.
- Payment by you for any Service may be made by cash, bank cheque, electronic/on-line banking, credit card (plus the maximum credit card bank fee, merchant fee and administration surcharge permitted by law), or by any other method as agreed in writing between you and Oi.
- Oi may charge interest at the Interest Rate on all moneys due and owing by you to Oi from time to time for the period from the due date for payment of such moneys until the date upon which payment is ultimately received by Oi.
- Should Oi become your creditor, you authorise Oi to collect, retain, use, record, and disclose credit information about you for the purpose of assessing and reporting matters related to your credit-worthiness.
- If you breach the payment terms, Oi may, as its discretion, terminate the Subscription Agreement and report the breach to any credit provider or credit reference organisation. You understand that this may affect your credit rating.
- In the event that we believe that:
(a) you have breached a Subscription Agreement, which includes breach of any of our Policies, in any way;
(b) we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us;
(c) your actions may cause loss or damage to our Subscribers, third parties or to Oi or our related bodies corporate, directors, employees or agents; or
(d) any of your information (which includes any product or service listed on the Oi website) is inappropriate or of an offensive nature;
then without limiting our other remedies we may, at our sole discretion and without prior notice to you, delay listing your business product or service, delete your listing, restrict your activities through the Oi website (including buying, selling and listing activities), suspend or terminate your account with Oi, refuse to provide Services to you, and/or require you to pay additional fees. Where this occurs, Oi will not be liable or accountable to you in any way and no refunds of any fees or charges will be provided.
- Under applicable State, Territory and Commonwealth law (including, without limitation, the ACL), certain Non-Excludable Conditions may be implied into these Terms and Conditions. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions purports to modify or exclude the Non-Excludable Conditions.
- Except as expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions or in respect of the Non-Excluded Conditions, Oi makes no warranties or other representations under these Terms and Conditions or the Subscription Agreement generally including, without limitation, as to the quality or suitability of any Services. Oi’s liability in respect of any such warranties is limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- If you are a consumer within the meaning of the ACL, Oi’s liability in relation to Services which are not used for personal, domestic or household purposes is limited to either:
(a) re-supplying Services or reimbursing you for paying someone else to supply the Services (at the election of Oi); or
(b) is otherwise limited to the extent permitted by section 64A of Schedule 2 or to similar remedies under any applicable state or territory fair trading legislation.
- If you are not a consumer within the meaning of the ACL, Oi’s liability for any defect in any Services is:
(a) limited to the value of any express warranty provided to you by Oi, at our sole discretion;
(b) limited to the extent of the benefit of any warranty to which Oi is entitled; or
(c) otherwise negated absolutely.
- Except as provided in these Terms and Conditions and to the maximum extent permitted by law, all express and implied warranties, guarantees and conditions under statute or general law as to merchantability, description, quality, suitability or fitness of Services for any purpose or otherwise are expressly excluded.
- Oi is not liable for any loss or damage, loss of income, loss of profits, loss of markets, loss of reputation, loss of buyers, loss of use, loss of opportunity, loss of business, loss of reputation or goodwill, loss of value or use of Intellectual Property or other proprietary Rights even if Oi had knowledge that such loss or damage might arise or for any other indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss or damage howsoever arising out of the supply of Services or out of your relationship with Oi connected with a Subscription Agreement including, without limitation, Oi’s breach of contract, negligence, wilful act or omission or other default including to the extent that such conduct or default is outside the “four corners” of the Subscription Agreement, or deviates from it or defeats its main object.
- You indemnify Oi (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint venturers and employees) from and against:
(b) any claim or demand, including legal fees and costs, made against us by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of any Subscription Agreement, or your infringement of any law or the Rights of a third party in the course of using the Services;
(b) all costs and disbursements, including legal costs on a full indemnity basis, incurred by us in exercising our Rights under these Terms and Conditions.
Confidentiality and Oi Intellectual Property
- You must keep strictly confidential all financial, technological, strategic and other business information of Oi which has been divulged to or become known by you in the course of your dealings with Oi and which is not generally known outside your and our respective organisations. You must only use such confidential information for the purpose for which it was disclosed, and only disclose the confidential information to those in your organisation who need to know in connection with the purpose for which it was disclosed. No disclosure may be made to anyone else without the written consent of Oi (with the exception of disclosure required by law, in which case prior notice of the required disclosure must be given to Oi).
- Oi retains ownership in all Intellectual Property created by Oi in providing the Services. Provided that you pay all amounts due to Oi under any Subscription Agreement, Oi will grant to you a royalty-free non-exclusive licence to the extent required only to use such relevant Intellectual Property for the purpose of obtaining the benefit of the Services only (but not to further exploit the Intellectual Property).
- Any formal notice by one party to the other required by a Subscription Agreement must be in writing and sent to the address for a party with which it normally deals (or to such other address for service of notices that a party has advised to the other). Notices are taken to be received:
(a) if hand delivered, at the time of delivery;
(b) if posted, on the 3rd day after posting; and
(c) in the case of email or facsimile transmission, at the time of successful transmission.
- The failure by Oi to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions will not be treated as a waiver of that provision, nor will it affect our Right to subsequently enforce that provision. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is invalid, void, illegal or unenforceable the validity, existence, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions will not be affected, prejudiced or impaired thereby.
- These Terms and Conditions and any Subscription Agreement arising out of them will be governed by the laws of the State of Queensland, Australia, and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State.
- You shall not be entitled to set off against or deduct from any money owing to Oi, any sums owed or claimed to be owed to you by O&i nor to withhold payment for any Service because part of that Service, or the fees or charges payable for it, is in dispute.
- Oi may assign, license or sub-contract all or any part of its Rights and Obligations without your consent.
- Neither party will be liable for any default due to any act of god, war, terrorism, strike, lock-out, industrial action, fire, flood, storm or other event beyond the reasonable control of that party.
- You warrant that you have the power to enter into a Subscription Agreement and have obtained all necessary authorisations to allow you to do so, you are not insolvent and that the Subscription Agreement creates binding and valid legal Obligations on your part.
- Neither these Terms and Conditions nor any Subscription Agreement based on them will be interpreted, construed or applied adversely to Oi by reason of their having been drafted by or on behalf of Oi.
- You and Oi both consent to the application of the Electronic Transactions (Queensland) Act 2001(Qld) and corresponding federal legislation, and agree to the formation of a Subscription Agreement by electronic means.